Saturday, June 11, 2011

Todd Robertson custom Dragigus

The other day, I had the pleasure of showing Todd and his GF Maiya around Nakano Broadway. They're in town to do some sightseeing, shopping, and visiting. Also, next week Todd will have a booth and tons of customs for sale at Pachisami.

Todd's a Boston based artist whose fine art and toy customs are shown at the Lot F Gallery. On the gallery's site, there's a whole section dedicated to his work. Click here to read his bio and check out some of his inspired mecha virus sofubi pieces.

To my very pleasant surprised, Todd gifted me a Dragigus custom he painted using Monster Kolor. Here are some more shots of the piece. I especially like the bold colors and paint gradation work.

Really nice dark blue to dark purple blending + beautifully worked in purple splatter.
Make sure to click on each image to see its full size.
 More after the jump:

Character!


 
The stark contrast between the bright and dark areas reminded me of a poisonous frog (thanks Maiya!) This bad boy ain't for eatin'!


I love the gradation here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...