Wednesday, April 22, 2015

MASSIVE Pinball Video Game Retro Arcade in Osaka, Japan - Silver Ball Planet

On a recent trip to Osaka, I stumbled upon a magnificent place - the Silver Ball Planet. It's a world class pinball arcade with nearly 100 machines. Many are new. Others are decades old. They have a wonderful selection of games in outstanding condition.

Here's a video I shot:



Shop info:

Name: Silver Ball Planet
Address: 中央区西心斎橋1-6-14-3階, Osaka
Map: Click here
Hours:11:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Facebook: Click here

More pics:

This game is fun, but it takes a while to get used to the physics of hitting a ball vertically!
More after the jump:

I enjoyed playing a lot of games, but I can't say I'm overly impressed with the mechanics of some of the newer machines, especially with the weak flipper power and center or side drain tendencies.
YES!!!


This excellent table lets you choose the song you listen to while playing. I cruised the Highway to Hell!

Looks like they hold tournaments as well.

Click here for a full list of their tables.

(Added bonus: There's a good Mexican restaurant next door!)

I had a lot of fun at the Silver Ball Planet. A couple of drawbacks: As I said above, some of the newer tables kind of sucked. Also, the Star Trek machine ate my coin, but I couldn't find anyone working in the place to help me out. So that was weird. But all in all, the arcade is epic. May it stay open for years and decades!!!

4 comments:

Matt said...

That is not an arcade, that is a museum. I wonder who cares for them? I hope people treat them with the respect they deserve. Thanks again for another awesome video Andy!

The Silver Ball Planet said...

Thank you very much for visiting SBP and writing good report. I am very sorry that no staff was present and help you out when coin is stuck. Please come back again and have fun.

Hemlock said...

I know the man who cares for them. He is a good man.

andy b said...

The tables are in beautiful condition. I hope to have a chance to go back again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...