Saturday, September 15, 2012

Toy Store Visit: Yamashiroya

Admission: I didn't take a pic of the outside of the shop. I found this pic online. I'll swap it out the next time I'm in Ueno.
I know you might be getting sick of store visit reports, since I've put up 3 or 4 over the last month. But the post-summer show season is kind of slow, and that makes it a good time to build more collector resources like store visit write ups and a revamp of the Tokyo Toy Shop Map, which I'll try to get to soon. It's actually a good thing that there are more shops to write about, since that means more stores are carrying indie toys.

And the end of that preamble brings me to Yamashiroya. This isn't a new store at all. The multi-level shop in Ueno is something of an institution when it comes to more mainstream toys like anime toys, robots, big licensed properties, and so on. But on a recent pass by (Itokin Park, Irene, and I were on our way to Ameyoko Street), I happened to notice in a street side display that they had some indie sofubi. So into the store we went, and we found some nice stuff.

First, some store info:

Website: http://www.e-yamashiroya.com/
Tel: 03-3831-2320
Address: 〒110-0005 東京都台東区上野 6-14-6
Closest subway station: Ueno (on the JR Yamanote line)
Store hours: 10:00 AM - 9:30 PM
Click here for a Google map to the exact location

Now some pics. (These shots are a little dated, but they'll give you a flavor of what the store sells.):

 More after the jump:








3 comments:

CMR said...

Toy shop coverage is always appreciated. Helps keep me pumped for my next visit :)

Jake said...

Yeah, I'm FINALLY getting a chance to check out these toy shop visit posts and they're AMAZING, man. Lets a USA boy like me drool over the amazing stuff over there. Stuff here PALES to even ONE of these shops. Whew. KEEP BRINGING THEM! Haha. :)

andy b said...

Now that you mention it... I just posted another one. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...